Friday, March 21, 2008

Attack of the mixing bowl

Welcome to my Creature Casserole. Like food that stays in the fridge too long my ideas are starting to spoil because they are sitting in my head too long. Time to make a casserole.

If you've stumbled upon this blog you can expect to see a series of creatures over the course of time. My ideas are so varied, and my thoughts are so cluttered that I need to sort some out.

This blog will be a place for me to nail down some of my creature ideas. Instead of thinking, "That would be a great creature," I will actually make at least a simple version. Each creature will be formatted to fit inside a square for uniformity. But that's my only rule. I might draw it in pencil. Maybe ink. Maybe I only had time to sketch it on a piece of toilet paper. Probably most often I will finish them off in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop before posting, but if it's taking me too long between posts, I'll have to go with the T.P. sketch.

The creature might be cute, scary or sexy. It might be a 3 eyed bunny, or a cryptoid, or a monster. More likely a monster. My influences are all over the place, so hopefully when this casserole is finished (I'm thinking 100 creatures) I will have a series finished that works together as a whole. I might look at them and decide to continue. We'll see. Broooaaaaaarrrrr.

No comments: